Harassment, Breach of Contract, Discrimination.

Location: NYSC on E. 76th
Staff Member: Charles Richie, GM
Date: Thanksgiving 2006
Time: 10:30
My fiancé, who has been a member of your gym for 12 years, finally persuaded me to go train with her at NYSC, since I did not have to work today. I was refused entry because I am a well known Fitness professional, and due to my occupation, I made it clear that I had no intention of training her and that I just was going to train myself. This is flat out discrimination. At this point I activated the recording feature on my smart phone.
Due to this bizarre argument/debate at the front desk my 5’ tall fiancé called the manager, Charles Richie, who she never had seen before an A-Hole. suddenly Charles Richie became belligerent, demanded her card , yelling obscenities, created a scene, yelled that that she was no longer a gym member and kicked us out. can someone spell ROID RAGE?
She then asked for his business card, he refused. It took a 10 MINUTES just to get his name, he refused us a pen to write it down and called the police to the gym. This was embarrassing to NYSC members, my fiance and myself- clearly NOT a proud moment for NYSC/TSI. No arrests were made, because this is a civil matter.
- I am shocked that I was discriminated based on my line of work. What’s next? Nurses can’t workout at NYSC, no construction workers, no Jews?
- I am amazed that my fiancé was verbally abused and a scratch by manager Charles Richie ( NYSC GM) during his feeble attempt to physically take the card from her person.
- I have reviewed the TSI code, after what I witnessed, and tape recorded clearly shows that the manager of NYSC at E. 76th Street, and TSI exhibited behavior that was harassing, unethical, unlawful and far from professional.
- What kind of general MANager swears at a 5' woman, who is a 12 year member?
I have since contacted several departments at TSI (the mother company of all NYSC), and of course was passed around, and nothing has been resolved with her membership or my civil rights. I wil update you on the results.
IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCED SIMILAR BEHAVIOR FROM NYSC OR OTHER FITNESS FACILITIES, HERE IS THE PLACE TO SPEAK UP!
IF YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED, LET ME KNOW, THIS WILL MAKE A BEAUTIFUL CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!
Your postings and comments are welcome!

No comments:
Post a Comment